Below you will find my collaborative practice training experiences.
In addition to my training experiences, I am also active in the following collaborative practice associations:
- D.C. Academy of Collaborative Professionals (DCACP) – Served as President 2010 – 2011; served on Board 2007 – 2013; and currently Chair of Education Committee.
- Collaborative Professionals of Northern Virginia (CPNV) – Served as Co-Chair of Board 2007 – 2008; 2010 – 2011; and served on Board 2006 – 2012.
Please feel free to email me with any questions or for further information.
TRAININGS IN SEPARATION AND DIVORCE TOPICS
COLLABORATIVE PRACTICE TRAININGS
I have provided trainings and presentations to attorneys, mental health professionals, financial experts and mediators over the last twenty years. I co-lead a forty-hour mediation training every other year, a parenting plan training every other year, and parenting coordination trainings periodically. I frequently teach 90 minute advanced programs for Collaborative practice groups in the Washington, DC area and since 2020 have been offering seminars online to various professional groups. You can find a list of Previous Collaborative Practice Trainings here, and you can find information on upcoming training sessions here.
Collaborative Boot Camp – An Advanced, Experiential Training for Experienced Collaborative Professionals
Designed in 2008 by Jamie Lapin, a financial specialist, and me, Boot Camp is a one-day training focusing on the “power of Team” in Collaborative practice. Attendees work in multidisciplinary “teams” throughout the day to refine their skills in bringing a hypothetical divorce case through the process from “start” to “finish”.
Short Programs on Collaborative Practice Topics
- The Role of the Collaborative Coach
- The Role of the Collaborative Child Specialist
- The Rigidity-Flexibility Continuum: A Conceptual Model to Help Us Understand our Clients and Work with them Effectively.
- Working with the Couple’s Dynamic While Building a Parenting Plan with Clients
- Advanced Coaching Skills
- The Emotional Dynamics of Collaborative Divorce
- Working with High Conflict Couples and Parents
An Introduction to Parenting Coordination: Moving High Conflict Divorced Parents from Litigation toward Communication
Presented seminars and workshops on the above topic to the professional staff of various mental health centers, and to audiences attending PESI Healthcare, Inc. Continuing Education Seminars.
Clinical Supervision and Mentoring
Offered individual and group clinical supervision and mentoring to psychologists for over ten years.